With the cooler weather approaching, we tend to find ourselves spending more time indoors. Is your home space worthy of your time and does it convey the right energy? For many, Feng Shui may seem overwhelming and knowing where to start challenging. Learn the basics from Feng Shui master and practitioner, Maggie Huang of East Wind.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui originates from China and is based on the book of I Ching originating over 5000 years ago. It is the art of placement, and the science of creating harmony and balance between nature, people, and living space. It promotes health, wealth, and happiness by harnessing positive life forces and deflecting the negative.
What are the benefits of Feng Shui in your home?
Feng Shui can raise the awareness of your home’s orientation, connect your home to natural forces and create harmony and balance for the whole family. Feng Shui can also help you buy or build the right house or, to undertake a renovation along your life journey.
For someone wanting to start the process of Feng Shui, what are 3 simple things that they can do to a room, or home?
- Change the colours of the room or home for a positive flow; such as embracing, comforting, uplifting, or joyful.
- Rearrange the furniture for a new life force; such as aligning your working desk to face a preferred direction for productivity.
- Move artwork to certain walls to achieve good energy flow and attract positive energy.
Is it possible to have a Feng Shui-friendly family home?
Yes! Feng Shui creates balance and harmony for the whole family as the foundation in all shared spaces. It can be personalized for each individual space as well, including bedrooms and office spaces, to allow for the best fit according each family member’s lifestyle and purpose.
What’s your favourite Feng Shui recommendation?
- Create a good feeling by updating colours and setting your bed in a preferred location for health and relationships.
- Activate the living room with fire and water elements in the right sectors for luck in both career and wealth.
Looking to bring some inspiration into your home this fall? Feng Shui master and practitioner, Maggie Huang of East Wind will be onsite in the Uplifted room running workshops and one-on-one consultations throughout the show. Plus, catch her on the main stage September 29th at 12:30 pm, as she discusses “The Energy Wheel of Your Home for Health and Happiness”.